My memory is appalling, so I am not sure if I have mentioned this before. But i struggle to motivate myself sometimes. Well, not so much motivate. More, do things which I see as “completing” tasks. For some reason I don’t like to complete things. What I mean by this is that I really appreciate all of the comments I get on my blog. But out of this weird fear of completion I don’t always reply to comments and I know I should. But as I also have an incredibly bad short term memory (Thanks dyslexia!) I also forget about things and for that I am truly sorry.
Earlier this month a fantastic blogger named Lydia http://beinglydia.com/ nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. It means so much to me when I get nominated for an award and let me explain to you why. I have never really been the type of person who won anything. Besides an awards show that was basically fixed to go in my groups favour at college. I have won a DVD in a trivia contest. So, coming onto WordPress and seeing all of the lovely comments I get from people all over the world in support of me and relating to me is like winning an award anyway (that sounded a lot less cheesy in my head)
But it really motivates me to keep writing when I receive these awards because it makes me so happy to know that someone has acknowledged me and that is crazy. I went to school with maybe 500 other girls and I did not win one award. I join a community of thousands and I have been nominated for some fantastic awards.
The Rules of this award are:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs
- List the nominees and let them know
My Seven Facts:
- I’m currently writing my bucket list
- I studied Geography at A Level, it’s a subject that is really interesting to me.
- I used to own a pet Lobster
- The name of my blog came from the title of my first post, which I wrote initially for another blog
- I haven’t cut my hair (except my fringe) for 5 years
- I am embarrassed to tell my heroes, they are my heroes
- There is a picture I have created in my head that I really want to put on paper and onto my blog. But I can’t draw.
My List of Nominees
- Blahpolar Diaries
- Living With Borderline Personality Disorder
- The Rabbit Hole
- A Bipolar Journey
- A Frayed Knot
- After Midnight
- Autism Thoughts
- Autism Doodle
- Borderline Functional
- A Canvas of the Minds
- Blog for Mental Health
- Chopping Potatoes
- Voices of Glass
- Asperger: The HypoSocial Human
The Elephant in the Room